Jan 10 – Mar 27, 2024
Energy Efficiency Sessions for Homeowners – funded by the PEI Government
The Winter schedule begins in January 2024. Click the registration link below to see the full schedule.
The series is designed to help homeowners improve the energy efficiency of their homes. The sessions are free, and the series includes both in-person and virtual options to ensure the training is accessible to all Islanders.
CHBA-PEI, with support from the PEI Government through the Climate Challenge Fund, is hosting sessions in communities across the Island over the next two years. The series will be broken out into 12 topics, including:
- National Building Code Section 9.36
- All Things Foundation
- Building Envelope Barrier System and Insulation
- Energy Efficiency of Window and Doors, Sealing, and Condensation
- Heating, Ventilation, and House Depressurization
- Air Sealing and Reducing Leaks
- Renewable Energy (PV, Solar, Thermal and Energy Storage)
- Funding Programs and Grants 101 (information on available Provincial and Federal funding for Efficient Retrofits, upgrades and new builds)
- Living in an Apartment — 10 things you can do to save on your energy bill
- Radon Gas — what you should know!
- Electronic Vehicles — Preparing for your EV purchase
- Terminology — Understanding Construction Lingo
Each session will be approximately two hours and repeated throughout the year to ensure participants have the opportunity to take part in as many sessions as they wish. Participants can choose to take part in all 12 sessions or pick and choose which ones they feel are most beneficial. Advanced registration is required for both the in-person and virtual sessions.